Sonu Nigam pays tribute to Mohammed Rafi with Instagram debut
Singer Sonu Nigam on Friday made his Instagram debut with a memory of the late legendary singer Mohammed Rafi. His official Instagram handle is 'sonunigamofficial'. "Intended to start the Instagram journey on December 24, 94th birth anniversary of the greatest Mohammed Rafi sahab. Starting the year with his memory," Sonu posted along with a photograph in which he has juxtaposed his own image with that of Rafi. Sonu's Instagram entry has been made at the behest of his fans, whom he refers to as his extended family.
"Instagram is a new and an exciting platform for me as described by my extended family and well-wishers. I have been getting requests and messages from all over the world to come on Instagram and I think it is long overdue," he said in a statement. "I hope and wish I can post regularly and people get a closer view of my life. I am going to try my best to keep up with the pace, although I am not the kind of person who shares his life and personal moments on social media. I am looking forward to this new adventure," added the singer of hit tracks like "Kal ho na ho", "Abhi mujh mein kahin" and "Panchi nadiya pawan ke".
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Detained refugee wins Australia's top literature prize with his debut book
- Billie Eilish's debut album to release on March 29
- Xelpmoc Design shares tank nearly 11 pc in debut trade
- Crestron to debut newest additions to DigitalMedia product family at ISE 2019
- Soccer-Debut joy for Mihajlovic as Bologna sink Inter