NBC green-lights pilot of new comedy show starring Kal Penn in lead
NBC has greenlit the pilot of a new comedy show, starring Kal Penn in the lead. The untitled show, described as a single-camera project, has been co-written by Penn and Matt Murray, reported Variety. The duo will also executive produce the series.
The story follows former New York City Councilman Garrett Shah (Penn), who finds his calling when faced with six recent immigrants in need of his help and in search of the American Dream. Michael Schur will serve as a supervising executive producer on the project via his Fremulon Entertainment banner. David Miner and Dan Spilo are also executive producing. Penn most recently starred in ABC drama series "Designated Survivor". The show was recently revived by Netflix for a third season.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Priyanka Chopra-produced Marathi film 'Firebrand' to premiere on Netflix on Feb 22
- 'Velvet Buzzsaw': Netflix chalks up a bummer
- Centre denies regulation of content provided by online platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Streaming giant Netflix rolls out "Smart Downloads" feature for iOS users
- Court rejects plea seeking regulation on Netflix, Amazon Prime