Irrfan Khan back in India
A source close to the actor confirmed that the globally renowned star is back, but dismissed all other claims. "Irrfan is back in Mumbai. But people are publishing all sorts of stories without any confirmation. They are not true," the source said.
"I will get an update on his health and when will he be resuming work when I meet the actor soon," the source added. Back in March last year, Irrfan had revealed that he has been diagnosed with a rare tumour. Soon after, he went to London for treatment.
The source also said that "Hindi Medium 2" will happen, "but not sure when the shooting will start". Directed by Saket Chaudhary, the 2017 hit film "Hindi Medium" revolves around a couple who want to give their daughter the best education so that she becomes accepted by the elite in society. It also features Pakistani actress Saba Qamar.
Dinesh Vijan's production "Hindi Medium 2" will flash-forward by a decade and will narrate the story of Irrfan's character Raj. When IANS asked about the status of the sequel, Vijan said: "I will make an official announcement about the film in a fortnight."
- NFL people calling, thanking me for signing criminal justice bill: Trump
- Strong US jobs, factory data support dollar, Aussie dollar tumbles
- Asian stocks hover near four-month highs after upbeat US job, factory data
- UP: Nine people booked in connection with cases of cow slaughter
- Govt to invest NZD 21 million to ensure more people can access digital services