Amritsar Blast: Rahul Gandhi condemns attack on religious congregation
Three persons were killed and 20 injured when two motorcycle-borne miscreants hurled a grenade at a religious congregation of over 200 devotees inside a Nirankari Bhawan in Amritsar earlier on Sunday.
Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala also condemned the attack and asked people to stay calm.
"Strongly condemn the blast in Nirankari Bhawan in Amritsar. Deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives. Urge and appeal, the people to stay calm and maintain peace. Forces of terror shall never succeed in their nefarious designs," he said on Twitter.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Over 5 cr devotees took holy dip at Kumbh on Mauni Amavasya
- Devotees brave cold, fog to take holy dip at Kumbh on 'Mauni Amavasya'
- Shemaroo to entertain Kumbh Mela devotees with devotional movies, sandhyas
- Communal bortherhood on display as Muslims serve sharbat to Sangam devotees of Kumbh
- Over 1.81 crore devotees take holy dip at Kumbh on 'Mauni Amavasya'