UPDATE 1-US official confirms Syria withdrawal starting with State Department personnel
The official said the U.S. plans to pull military forces out of the country once the final stages of the last operation against Islamic State are complete, and that the time-frame for the troop pullout is expected to be between 60 to 100 days.
The decision came after a phone call between U.S. President Donald Trump and his Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan on Friday. "Everything that has followed is implementing the agreement that was made in that call," the official said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Kin of slain security personnel gets Rs 2.5 lakh under 'Bharat Ke Veer' initiative
- India and China armies conduct border personnel meet in east Ladakh
- UPDATE 4-Virginia governor denies being in racist yearbook photo
- Riteish never ever stopped being reason for my smile: Genelia
- UPDATE 3-Virginia governor denies being in racist yearbook photo