Florida road accident: 6 killed, 8 others injured in multi-vehicle clash
Six people have been killed and eight others injured in a multi-vehicle crash on a highway in the US state of Florida, authorities said. The incident took place on Thursday on Interstate 75 near Gainesville, said Alachua County Fire Rescue on the social media.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the crash involved two tractor-trailers, a sedan and a passenger van. All vehicles but the sedan caught fire, Xinhua news agency reported. Alachua County Fire Rescue said the fire, fed by about 190 litres of diesel, was later extinguished. Emergency crews said they were treating the crash as a homicide investigation.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Fourteen civilians killed in jihadist attack in northern Burkina Faso: Military
- UPDATE 3-U.S. authorities probe California plane crash that killed 5
- Woman arrested over deadly blaze that killed eight people in Paris
- Four children killed in house fire in UK's Stafford town
- Nirmala Sitharaman meets families of pilots killed in deadly HAL crash