Rahul Gandhi condoles demise of former defence minister George Fernandes
Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday condoled the demise of former defence minister George Fernandes. "I'm sorry to hear about the passing away of former Parliamentarian & Union Minister, George Fernandes Ji. My condolences to his family and friends in this time of grief," Gandhi said in a Facebook post.
Fernandes was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Recently, he contracted swine flu, family sources said. Congress' chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala also condoled the demise of the former minister "My condolences on the passing away of former Union Minister, Sh George Fernandes. May his soul rest in peace," he tweeted. Fernandes was the defence minister in the NDA government headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 'Scrubs' actor diagnosed with cancer, friends start fundraising campaign
- Comedy show "Modern Family" renewed for 11th, final season
- Bindu, a Dalit Hindu women and her family facing social boycott. Her mother received death threat: Indira Jaising to SC.
- Central administrative tribunal has over 50,000 pending cases says union minister
- Priyanka Gandhi says 'I stand by my family' as Vadra faces ED summons