Security forces kill five Maoists in Jharkhand's Khuti
Five Maoists were killed by security forces in Jharkhand's Khuti district on Tuesday, police said. Based on a tip-off about the presence of Maoists, the state police and CRPF launched a search operation on Monday night in a forest in Arki. The Maoists opened fire, leading to a gun battle, the police said, adding the five bodies have been recovered along with nine weapons.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Kolkata Police chief will have to appear before CBI at Shillong for probe: SC
- Kolkata Police chief's advocate alleges CBI's action meant to score points
- No coercive steps, including arrest of Kolkata Police chief, will take place: SC
- Saradha scam: SC seeks Kolkata Police chief's response before February 20
- Chitfund scam: Kolkata Police had provided doctored call data records, says AG