Plundered artefacts to return to Italy from UK
Rome, Feb 12 (IANS/AKI) Italian Culture Minister Alberto Bonisoli will on Tuesday attend a ceremony in London at which eight lots of treasures stolen from Italy in various eras will be returned to the country, the culture ministry said in a statement. Christie's auction house helped trace the stolen artefacts, which will be handed to Bonisoli by its CEO Guillaume Cerutti during the ceremony at the Italian embassy, said the statement.
A press conference will be held after the ceremony, the statement added. No information on the specific artefacts was available ahead of the ceremony.
- Photo exhibition depicts living conditions of London's 700K poorest children
- Smile Train India launches country's first toll-free national cleft helpline
- US lawmakers introduce legislation to end per-country green card limit
- PM Modi made the Rafale aircraft without informing country: Rahul Gandhi
- US House, Senate introduce bill to end per-country limit on green cards