CBI files supplemntary chargesheet against 2 shooters in Dabholkar murder case
The CBI has registered a case on the directions of the Bombay High Court. The Bombay High Court had asked the CBI to file a case on May 9, 2014. The case was filed by the CBI on June 2, 2014. Andure was arrested on August 18, 2018 while Kalaskar was arrested on September 3, 2018.
According to CBI officials, Andure shot Dabholkar first followed by Kalaskar. Both of them are currently lodged in jail. The agency said they are still looking for the motorcycle which was used for the killing and the weapon used in the crime.
The official said the agency had arrested alleged Hindu Janjagruti Samiti member Virendra Singh Tawde on June 10, 2016 and a chargesheet was filed against him on Spetember 6, 2016. Dabholkar was shot dead in Pune on August 20, 2013, when he was out for his morning walk.
- Pakistan plans to form govt agency to promote it as tourist-friendly nation
- Delhi HC turns down plea seeking free legal aid to Indians living abroad
- I stand by my husband, says Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on ED questioning Robert Vadra and she dropping him to the agency's office.
- AP Assembly passes resolution seeking reservation for converted Christians
- UPDATE 1-Palestinians warm to Netanyahu rival, citing signs of compromise