Three sisters burnt alive in Amritsar house fire
The victims were identified as Indu, 45, and her younger sisters Vandna and Preeti. While Indu was married and living in Amritsar, her sisters were unmarried and had shifted with her recently from Delhi.
Amritsar's Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police J.S. Walia told media that the incident was being investigated for all three angles - accident, suicide or murder. Forensic experts were called to collect samples from the spot.
Foul play has also not been ruled out. The house was found locked from inside. Local residents said that that the fire brigade and police took time to reach the spot and the fire had spread by that time.
- Top motocross riders to enthral Mumbaikars at Gateway of India
- BJP can instigate riots, says its ally in UP government
- We had gone to investigate Kolkata Police chief: CBI joint director
- Rights groups activist urge UN to investigate Chinese crackdown in Xinjiang
- 179 Kashmiri students appearing in GATE exam airlifted to Jammu, 180 pilgrims flown to Srinagar