Now park your Tesla cars without caring for prized possessions with Sentry Mode
Your swanky new Tesla and your beloved pooch are finally safe, thanks to the two new features rolling out this week. After repeated requests for a feature that would allow owners to see what happened to their parked Tesla cars when they were away, the company has introduced the Sentry Mode.
When enabled, the mode enters a standby state and uses the car's external camera systems to detect potential threats. If any suspicious activity is observed, it displays a message on the touchscreen warning that the cameras are recording.
For severe threats, the mode activates the car alarm, increases the brightness of the centre display and plays music at maximum volume from the car's audio to gain the attention of onlookers. It also sends an alert to the owner's connected smartphone app.
The Dog Mode, on the other hand, keeps the cabin temperature comfortable for your pet pooch. It also displays a message on the screen informing passerby that they don't need to worry as the owner will be back in sometime.
- UPDATE 1-U.S., S.Korea agree 'in principle' on sharing troop cost - State Dept
- Housing Minister opens 11 state homes for elderly near Whangarei Hospital
- Detained 130 foreign students were aware of their crime: State Dept
- State AYUSH, Health Ministers conference for discussion on AYUSH sector issues
- Novel gene therapy could have potential to treat prostate cancer: Study