China says ''shocked'' by WHO plan for COVID origins study

A senior Chinese health official said Thursday he was shocked by the World Health Organisations plan for the second phase of a COVID-19 origins study.National Health Commission Vice Minister Zeng Yixin dismissed the lab leak theory as a rumor running counter to common sense. Zeng called the theory a rumor that goes against science.


PTI | Beijing | Updated: 22-07-2021 09:14 IST | Created: 22-07-2021 09:14 IST
China says ''shocked'' by WHO plan for COVID origins study
  • Country:
  • China

A senior Chinese health official said Thursday he was shocked by the World Health Organisation's plan for the second phase of a COVID-19 origins study.

National Health Commission Vice Minister Zeng Yixin dismissed the lab leak theory as a rumor running counter to common sense. The head of the WHO acknowledged last week that it was premature to rule out a potential link between the pandemic and a leak of the coronavirus from a Chinese lab. Zeng called the theory a rumor that goes against science.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Give Feedback