US urges Venezuela army to accept 'peaceful' power transfer
Washington, Jan 29 (AFP) The White House urged Venezuela's military on Monday to accept a "peaceful" transfer of power from Nicolas Maduro to opposition leader Juan Guaido, recognized by the United States as the country's interim president.
"We also today call on the Venezuelan military and security forces to accept the peaceful, democratic and constitutional transfer of power," National Security Advisor John Bolton told reporters at the White House.
- NEWSMAKER-El Salvador's incoming president, shunned by ruling party, forged own path
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017 to be conferred by President Kovind on Feb 6
- Pak President reiterates "unflinching solidarity" with people of Kashmir
- President Kovind welcomes Prince Albert II of Monaco at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- UPDATE 1-Kazakh president dismisses talk of snap election