Petition against acquittal of blasphemy accused Christian, dismissed by Pakistan Court
Pakistan's Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed a review petition against its acquittal of Asia Bibi, a Christian woman who spent years on death row after being convicted of blasphemy. "On merit, this petition is dismissed," Chief Justice Asif Saeed Khosar said in court.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Pakistan plans to form govt agency to promote it as tourist-friendly nation
- Ex-Pakistan PM Yousuf Raza Gilani stopped from leaving country
- Hindu temple vandalised in Pakistan's Sindh, PM Khan orders swift action
- SC notice to lawyer Prashant Bhushan on contempt pleas for criticising court
- JNU sedition case: Ask authorities concerned to expedite sanction to prosecute, court tells Delhi police