UPDATE 1-Five arrested, including three Vale staff, after Brazil dam disaster
Two of Vale's senior managers at the Corrego do Feijao mine - where a tailings dam burst last Friday, drowning the nearby town of Brumadinho in mining waste - were among those arrested, according to the local judge's decision, seen by Reuters. The job of the third Vale employee was not immediately clear. Two other engineers were arrested in Sao Paulo, state prosecutors there said.
Minas Gerais investigators issued a total of five arrest warrants and seven search warrants, on suspicion of murder, falsification of documents and environmental crimes, the judge's decision showed. (Reporting by Gram Slattery in Brumadinho and Marta Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro Editing by Brad Haynes, Lisa Shumaker and Louise Heavens)
- Oscar nominees gather for group photo ahead of Academy Awards ceremony
- AMC networks renews 'The Walking Dead' for season 10
- "Legion" coming to close at FX networks with third season
- Two bodies found during cleanup efforts after catastrophic flooding in Australia
- Department remembering incident of Lily Mine in Mpumalanga