US Secretary Mnuchin sounds optimistic on ongoing trade talks with China
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday trade talks with China are progressing well, as the world's two largest economies try to iron out an agreement to resolve their trade dispute. Mnuchin said the talks were "so far, so good" when asked by reporters on how the meetings in Beijing were going. He did not elaborate. Mnuchin and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer arrived in Beijing on Tuesday. They are scheduled to hold talks on Thursday and Friday with Chinese Vice Premier Liu He, the top economic adviser to President Xi Jinping.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Last refugee children in Pacific camp to be moved: Australia
- Cricket-Starc takes five as Australia bundle out Sri Lanka for 215
- Australia grab four wickets as Sri Lanka's Perera retires hurt
- Railway Minister announces Rs 5 lakh ex gratia to kin of those killed in Bihar rail accident, Rs 1 lakh each to grievously injured people.
- 'Once in a century' floods hit northeast Australia