US Vice President welcomes Poland's commitment to protect telecom sector from China
The United States welcomes Poland's commitment to "protecting the telecoms sector from China", U.S. Vice president Mike Pence said in Warsaw on Wednesday. In January, Poland arrested a Chinese employee of Chinese tech giant Huawei and a former Polish security official on spying allegations.
"The recent action your government has taken against a Huawei executive and a polish national accused of cooperating with him demonstrate your government's commitment to ensure our telecommunications sector is not compromised in a way that threatens our national security," Pence told a press conference. "We must continue to work so that all investment review mechanisms protect critical security and economic infrastructure going forward," he said. Pence was speaking during a joint press conference with Poland's President Andrzej Duda.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Government to grant properties in Sumner for new skate park and green space
- Government to soon launch National Artificial Intelligence Portal: Goyal
- Government announces 'Kamdhenu Yojana' for cows
- Narendra Modi-led government moving towards realising 'New India by 2022': FM
- We have run a corruption-free government: FM. PTI LUX ACB