US-China set to begin formal high-level discussions on trade
U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Thursday he was "looking forward" to trade talks with China as the two countries were set to begin formal high-level discussions in Beijing. "Looking forward to discussions today," Mnuchin told reporters as he left his hotel. He did not elaborate.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 7-Trump to meet with China's Xi to try to seal trade deal, progress reported
- Wacky inventions of China's 'Useless Edison' goes viral
- US-China had "candid, specific and fruitful" discussions: Chinese delegation
- Substantial progress in US-China trade talks but much needs to be done: Trump
- Asian shares tick up to four-month highs on US-China trade deal hopes