Belgian tax break for large companies is legal - EU court
"The General Court annuls the Commission's decision concerning tax exemptions granted by Belgium by means of rulings" the tribunal said.
The case involved Dutch industrial company Magnetrol and Belgium which took their cases to the Luxembourg-based General Court after the European Commission in 2016 ordered Belgium to recover some 700 million euros from the companies which benefited from the scheme. (Reporting by Francois Aulner in Luxembourg and Foo Yun Chee in Brussels; editing by Francesco Guarascio)
- Dutch police shoot man near central bank; witnesses report gunfight
- UPDATE 1-Dutch police shoot and kill gunman near central bank
- UPDATE 1-Dutch confident Russia will agree to talks about downed flight MH17
- Dutch govt luring firm to move operations from UK as Brexit uncertainty deepens
- Dutch confident Russia will agree to talks about downed flight MH17