The number of injured after the attack was also 50, he said. (Reporting by Praveen Menon Editing by Lincoln Feast.
NZ police say mosque shootings death toll rises to 50
The death toll in the New Zealand mosque shootings has risen to 50 after investigators found another body at one of the mosques, New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said on Sunday. "It is with sadness that I advise that number of people who died in this event has now risen to 50. As of last night we were able to take all of the victims from both of those scenes. In doing so we were able to locate a further victim," Bush told a media conference.
READ MORE ON : Capital OneNew ZealandMike BushVictims' rightsSexual assaultbothinvestigatorsThe One ShowXbox OnePraveen Menon EditingLincoln FeastpeopleonevictimNew Zealand PoliceBlack peoplevictimsFree PeopleWhite peoplemosques
- Malawi victims get 6K tonnes of rice, $300K funds from China
- Ethiopian airline crash victims' families questions Boeing after report release
- UPDATE 1-Russia's WTO "national security" victory cuts both ways for Trump
- Activist recounts stories of victims killed in 1989 Tiananmen pro-democracy protest
- UPDATE 2-Russia's WTO "national security" victory cuts both ways for Trump