Important cases heard in Supreme Court on Tuesday
Important cases heard in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, February 7 * SC refused to entertain a plea seeking to restrain lawyer Lekshmana Chandra Victoria Gowri from taking oath as an additional judge of the Madras High Court, saying a ''consultative process'' had taken place before her name was recommended by the collegium for the appointment.
* SC dismissed journalist Rana Ayyub's plea challenging summons by the Ghaziabad special court in a money laundering case, leaving it open for her to raise the issues before the trial court.
* SC denied bail to Christian Michel James, an alleged middlemen in AgustaWestland chopper scam cases, who is being probed by both the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate.
* SC assured Bilkis Bano, who was gang-raped and seven members of her family killed during the 2002 Gujarat riots, that her plea against the remission of the sentence of 11 convicts will be heard soon after the constitution of a new bench.
* SC said it will hear after four weeks an appeal filed by the Punjab government against a Punjab and Haryana High Court order granting bail to former state minister Bikram Singh Majithia in a drugs case.
* SC agreed to hear on Wednesday a plea filed by Aam Aadmi Party's (AAP) mayoral candidate Shelly Oberoi and others seeking early holding of the mayoral election for the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Delhi Court rejects Christian Michel bail in Agusta Westland VVIP chopper case
Work on restoration of Christian graveyard started in J-K's Poonch
Ghana president among mourners at funeral of Christian Atsu
U.S. Supreme Court rejects Christian preacher's challenge to university
Left, Cong in Kerala attacking Christian leaders whose statements favour govt of India: BJP