Lalu Prasad asked to appear before Delhi court in money laundering case
Lalu Prasad could not appear before the Delhi court due to his ill health. He is being treated for various ailments at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.
He was in Ranchi's Birsa Munda Central Jail after being convicted in December 2017 in the fodder scam. Later, he was shifted to RIMS for treatment.
The Delhi court was hearing a case related to alleged irregularities in the allotment of contracts of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) hotels in Ranchi and Puri in 2006 to a private firm, for which a three-acre commercial plot at a prime location in Patna district was allegedly given as a bribe.
The CBI and Enforcement Directorate (ED) are probing the case and had named Lalu Prasad, his wife and former Chief Minister Rabri Devi, their son Tejashwi Yadav and others as accused in the charge sheet.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Trump to touch on issues like immigration, national security in SOTU address
- Udita Bhargavas "Dust" to premiere in Berlin International Film Festival 2019
- SC's verdict is victory of democracy: BJP National General Secretary
- National conference wants state and central polls in Jammu to be held together
- 85 Trauma Care Facilities on National Highways approved during 12th FYP