UK rules out criminal angle to death of Russian whistleblower
Alexander Perepilichny, 44, was found dead near his luxury home on the exclusive gated St George's Hill estate in Weybridge, Surrey, southwest of London, after he had been out jogging in November 2012.
The sudden nature of the death of Perepilichny, who had sought refuge in Britain in 2009, and his role in helping a Swiss investigation into a Russian money-laundering scheme sparked speculation that he might have been murdered.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- JLR asset impairment causes Tata Motors a loss of Rs 26,961 crores
- Rajasthan: Gujjar reservation stir causes massive disruption of road, rail services; state govt says dialogue underway
- Golf-Hailstorm causes final round delay at Pebble Beach Pro-Am
- Dam burst causes flooding in Zimbabwe shafts, 23 illegal miners feared dead
- UPDATE 1-Philippine journalist released on bail after arrest causes outcry