Tragic Rescue Attempt: Poisonous Gas Claims Three Lives in Madhya Pradesh

Three persons died and two others were hospitalized in Satna district, Madhya Pradesh, after inhaling suspected poisonous gas from a well as they tried to rescue a cow. Villagers alerted the police, but despite rescue efforts, the three men couldn't be saved. A case was registered, and a probe is underway.


PTI | Satna | Updated: 06-06-2024 13:31 IST | Created: 06-06-2024 13:31 IST
Tragic Rescue Attempt: Poisonous Gas Claims Three Lives in Madhya Pradesh
AI Generated Representative Image
  • Country:
  • India

Three people have died, and two others were hospitalized in a tragic incident in Satna district, Madhya Pradesh. The victims inhaled suspected poisonous gas emanating from a well as they attempted to rescue a cow on Wednesday night, authorities reported.

A group of villagers noticed the cow had fallen into the well in Umri village. Three of the villagers descended into the well with ropes to save the animal but soon experienced severe breathlessness. One individual managed to escape and fell unconscious, prompting the villagers to alert the police.

Police and local residents, using wet cloths to protect their faces, conducted a rescue operation, pulling the three men out of the well. Unfortunately, all three succumbed to the gas, and a doctor at the scene declared them dead. The deceased have been identified as Ashok Singh (45), Ramratan (22), and Vishnu (24). Two others involved in the rescue attempt were hospitalized, with one being later discharged. The cow also died, and authorities have initiated an investigation.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Give Feedback