Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- Country:
- China
An unknown assailant stabbed Hong Kong actor Simon Yam on Saturday during a promotional event in mainland China but Yam's injuries were not life-threatening, Chinese state media reported. A video was posted on China's Twitter-like Weibo service showing a man in a dark vest rushing up to the stage and attacking Yam with a knife in the city of Zhongshan in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong.
The China Youth Daily newspaper said on its website that the 64-year old Yam had been taken to hospital for treatment but the injuries to his hands and abdomen were not life-threatening. Citing a police statement, it said the attacker had not yet been identified, but that Yam appeared to have been a victim of mistaken identity.
Yam won critical acclaim for his role in the Hong Kong crime film Contact in 1992 and made his Hollywood debut in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life in 2003. He is also a film producer.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
ALSO READ
Let Assam CM talk about youth, women; they need jobs: Priyanka Gandhi on Himanta's allegation of Gaurav Gogoi's 'Pak links'.
Trump Commands Release of UFO Files Amidst Renewed Interest
Venezuela's Refining Resurgence: Meeting Domestic Fuel Demand Amid Challenges
Austrian Court Sentences Mountaineer for Manslaughter in Tragic Climbing Incident
Climbing Tragedy in Austria: Guilty Verdict in High-Altitude Manslaughter Case

