Army job aspirant electrocuted
A 19-year-old man who came to the city to take part in a recruitment rally of the Territorial Army was electrocuted here Monday, police said. The job aspirant S Aravind, a degree student and native of Wanaparthy district, had come to the city along with his friends Sunday night.
The incident occurred when they had gone to answer nature's call at around 4 am when Aravind came in contact with low lying live electric wire and got electrocuted, they said. Hundreds of candidates from Telangana and Andhra Pradesh had come for the recruitment drive to fill vacancies for different posts. They had been waiting on the roadside at the venue for the recruitment drive since Sunday night, police said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, they added..
- Fiscal deficit for April-December window touches 112.4 percent due to low revenue
- RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav arrives at Mamata Banerjee's dharna venue, expresses solidarity and support.
- Alphabet's Q4 revenue up 22 pct to USD 39.3 bln on Google's robust ad business
- App launched to book wedding venue in Lutyen's Delhi
- Alphabet fourth-quarter revenue, profit beat estimates