CPI condoles demise of Fernandes
The CPI Tuesday condoled the death of former Union Minister George Fernandes, recalling the departed leader's contributions as a trade unionist. "He (Fernandes) led many trade union movements. As a socialist leader, he contributed a lot.
But, unfortunately,... he joined the BJP and supported the rightist politics, though he did not become a part of it. However, his contribution is to be remembered," CPI General Secretary S Sudhakar Reddy told PTI here.
"I convey my heartfelt condolences at the demise of Fernandes," he said. Reddy recalled that he had worked with Fernandes in the Parliament during 2004-2009.
- Woman Shiv Sena leader allegedly duped of over Rs 9 lakh in Thane
- CBI vs Mamata: Solicitor general alleges senior policemen in uniform sat on dharna with political leaders
- SP leader joins WB CM Mamata's sit-in protest against CBI
- Pope Francis opens his historic visit to UAE by meeting federation's leader
- Venezuela opposition leader Guaido recognized as interim president by Netherlands