Andhra Pradesh CM says George Fernandes was the best parliamentarian elected for 9 terms
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Tuesday condoled the death of former Defence Minister George Fernandes and said the latter exemplified simplicity and honesty in life. In a statement, he said Fernandes was the best parliamentarian elected to the Lok Sabha for nine terms.
"Fernandes was one of those who built the trade union movement in the country. He effectively echoed the working class' voice in Parliament. He also bravely fought the Emergency," the Chief Minister said. As Industries Minister in the first non-Congress government at the Centre and later as Defence and Railways Ministers in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, Fernandes rendered exemplary services, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Andhra government signs deal with Anil Kumble's management firm TENVIC
- By targeting Mamata Bannerjee, government is playing with fire: Shtarughan Sinha
- Social media to be used in Assam to aid budget presentation by government
- Modi government outlines that Mehul Choksi is still an Indian citizen
- Non core assets of CPSEs to start selling from April 1, says government