Power failure stalls Metro Railway services in Kolkata
Metro Railway services were disrupted Wednesday due to a breakdown in power supply to a Kavi Subhash-bound rake, shortly after its departure from Dum Dum station. Passengers of the train, which halted on the tracks at 1 pm, were immediately evacuated and escorted back to the platform at Dum Dum station by the Railway Protection Force (RPF), Kolkata Police and state disaster management personnel, Metro spokesperson Indrani Banerjee said.
Truncated services were being run between Belgachia station in the north and Kavi Subhash in the southern part of the city owing to the snag. Banerjee said work was on to rectify the problem and restore normal operation..
- Department study shows bittern relies on wetlands to feed and breed in
- Part of Australia's Queensland hit by once-in-a-century floods, braces for more rain
- Man City look to revive title bid against Arsenal
- UPDATE 1-Part of eastern Australia hit by once-in-a-century floods, braces for more rain
- Nanoparticles may promote cancer spread