Gang steals container load of mobile phones
A gang of suspected interstate robbers has stolen a container load of cellular phones, estimated to be worth Rs 4 crore, in SPS Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Wednesday. The gang, comprising more than three members, waylaid the container-laden truck on the National Highway-16 near Dagadarthi in Nellore late Tuesday night and forcibly drove it away by kidnapping the driver, they said.
The container was filled with a consignment of cellular phones manufactured at Sri City SEZ in neighbouring Chittoor district and was on its way to Kolkata. Nellore district Superintendent of Police A Rastogi told PTI some miscreants came in a car and brought along a lorry when they intercepted the container-laden truck.
"The cellular phones were reloaded into the lorry the miscreants brought along and driven away," the SP added. The truck driver called the police control room around 1 am following which the police launched a hunt to trace the gang and the lorry.
- 2 MPC members Chetan Ghate and Viral Acharya were for status-quo in rates; decision on changing stance to neutral was unanimous: RBI.
- If members understand each other, work will become easy: Lok Sabha Speaker
- J-K: Police rescues 28 members of seven families from avalanche hit village
- Ex-CEC Krishnamurthy backs donations for political parties by only family members
- IAM in discussion with ISRO to ensure medical facilities to crew members