MHRC directs DGP to inquire assault of Excise dept official by
The Meghalaya Human Rights Commission Wednesday directed the DGP to inquire the assault and abuse of an Excise department official by police personnel in West Garo Hills district. The commission directed the DGP to submit the report, to be prepared by an officer not less than a Deputy Inspector General of Police rank, within 30 days, the MHRC secretary Aldous Mawlong said.
Acting on a complaint lodged by one Mancheng D Marak, an employee of the Excise department the Commission issued notice to the DGP, he said. Marak in his complaint had alleged that police personnel on December 7 last year barged into his house and assaulted him with blows and batons.
He further had alleged that the police team took him to the police station and forcefully made him sign a false fabricated seizure list threatening him with dire consequences if he refuses. The police team had accused Marak of being a bootlegger..
- REFILE-Tech lobby takes India to task over plans to police online content
- Koregaon Bhima case: Pune Police arrests accused Dalit scholar Anand Teltumbde
- Police nabs suspect in Elgar Parishad case; set to be produced in court
- Indonesia police nabs suspected drug supplier after he tries to bribe them
- 128 young boys rescued from trafficking racket by Manipur Police