Neeraj Kundan appointed NSUI president
Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday appointed Neeraj Kundan as new president of the National Student Union of India (NSUI). Kundan will replace Fairoz Khan who quit following sexual harassment allegations in October last year.
Once NSUI's Jammu and Kashmir chief, Kundan was elevated to the post of national secretary of the Congress' student's wing in 2017. Kundan, who belongs to a non-political background, started his political career as a student activist.
Kundan was also among the top seven who were shortlisted in final round for NSUI national president.
- European unity can't substitute itself to transatlantic unity: NATO chief
- Former Civil Aviation Secretary Rajiv Nayan Choubey takes over as UPSC member
- Thai junta chief touts economy, coy on candidacy as elections loom
- Interim budget has no value as NDA government's term ends soon: TMC chief Mamata Banerjee.
- Govt expects Rs 28,000 crore from RBI as interim dividend: Economic Affairs Secretary S C Garg.