65-yr-old found dead in Samba
A 65-years-old man was found dead on the side of Pathankot Highway in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba district on Wednesday, police said. "The deceased Ghulam Ali Bhat, a resident of Bhadarwah, was a former block development officer. He was found dead in the morning near Dera Gandotra in Vijaypur area," they added.
Bhat was currently living in Bhatindi area of Jammu and was reported missing by his family on Tuesday evening, officials said. Preliminary investigation suggests the former government official had died after being hit by a speeding vehicle, they said.
A case has been registered and investigation is on to nab the culprits.
- Accident involving CNG-powered vehicle kills 16 people in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- 12 injured on Jammu-Srinagar highway as vehicle hit by falling stones
- Centre issued notice by court regarding high security vehicle number plates
- Ministry mandates installation of location tracking device in public vehicles on Oct 25, 2018
- NDMC to equip garbage lifting vehicles with GPS facility by 15 February