Govt decides to add new communities in Chhattisgarh list of STs
The Union Cabinet Wednesday approved Amendments to the Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to include new communities in Chhattisgarh in the list of Scheduled Tribes.
The amendments can now take place after the new Lok Sabha is formed this summer.
After the Bill becomes an Act, member of the communities newly listed in the revised list of Scheduled Tribes of Chhattisgarh will also be able to derive benefits meant for Scheduled Tribes under the existing schemes of the government, a statement said.
- Chhattisgarh: Woman killed in Naxal-police encounter identified as civilian
- 4 wagons of coal-carrying train derail in Chhattisgarh
- What US communities think about usage of Taser amid increasing number of deaths
- 10 Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur in clash with security forces
- Ten Naxals killed in encounter with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district: Police.