'Drone Olympics' to be key attraction at Aero India 2019
One of the key attractions during the 12th edition of Asia's premier air show, Aero India-2019, would be the 'Drone Olympics,' wherein national and international players would demonstrate their potential. The five-day event starting from February 20 would take place at the Yelahanka Air Force Station here.
The Defence public relation officer Monday tweeted that the event would be open to both Indian and international players. The Drone Olympics, aimed at giving a boost to unmanned aerial vehicle makers, is scheduled to be held on February 21.
The competition would be held in three categories, which include surveillance challenge to determine the surveillance capacities of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), supply drop challenge to assess the weight dropping capacity of the UAVs and the formation flying challenge to demonstrate different shapes with group of UAVs. The PRO said it has received 121 applications for the event of which 57 have qualified for the prelims to be held on February 18 and 19.
- British ministers calls for maintaining trade defences amid Brexit uncertainty
- Cuba's defence sector to be strengthened with USD 43 mn loan by Russia
- US agrees to sell two state-of-the-art missile defence systems to Air India One
- Rugby-England defence coach Mitchell warns against complacency
- India to buy advance defence systems from US for PM, President security