Devdiscourse
Development News Edition
Give Feedback
VisionRI - Urban Development

Delhi Police advises eateries, pubs at CP to ensure weapons are prohibited


Devdiscourse News Desk new delhi India
Updated: 07-04-2019 18:29 IST
Delhi Police advises eateries, pubs at CP to ensure weapons are prohibited

This comes after a 61-year-old man was arrested Thursday after his pistol went off at a coffee shop in Connaught Place, creating panic. Image Credit: Flickr

The Delhi Police has issued an advisory to all eateries, pubs and cafes in Connaught Place asking them to ensure that weapons are not allowed into their premises, following an incident of accidental firing in one of the popular coffee shops in the area. Officials said that in order to avoid any untoward incident, Connaught Place police station issued an advisory in this regard on Saturday to all the eateries, pubs, cafes and restaurants across the area.

An advisory has been issued by the Station House Officer of Connaught Place police station to all the eateries in its area to strengthen the safety and security measures. They have been asked to not allow customers with firearms or concealed weapons, Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi), Madhur Verma, said.

"The security of human life and property is our main concern and of utmost importance. In view of recent incident of an accidental fire from firearm by the customer at one of the eating houses located in the area of Connaught Place, you are hereby strictly advised to ensure that a board "All weapons including concealed firearms are prohibited" is displayed at a prominent place in your establishment."

"Apart from that, security staff of your establishment should be briefed to have a close watch on such suspects to prevent such an incident," the advisory read. This comes after a 61-year-old man was arrested Thursday after his pistol went off at a coffee shop in Connaught Place, creating panic.

Anil Kumar, had come to the coffee shop for a meeting with his clients. When he stood up to leave, his pistol fell on the floor triggering it accidentally. However, no one was injured.

(With inputs from agencies.)

COUNTRY : India

POST A COMMENT