Eskom’s Board approves retrenchment process (Section 189) for executives
“Despite efforts to curb expenditure, Eskom’s operating costs have continued to increase dramatically, while output has remained largely unchanged,” Eskom said in a statement.
Eskom's Board of Directors has decided to review the company's organisational design to enhance operational and cost efficiencies.
"Despite efforts to curb expenditure, Eskom's operating costs have continued to increase dramatically, while output has remained largely unchanged," Eskom said in a statement.
As such, Eskom's Board has approved a Section 189 process for its executive structure.
"Only members of the executive structure will be impacted. Eskom will share the updates with the relevant stakeholders as appropriate," the power utility said.
(With Inputs from South African Government Press Release)
- UPDATE 1-We'll take on social media giants, UK's opposition Labour Party says
- UK's Labour Party would create dedicated tech regulator to prevent market abuse
- Soccer-Newport keeper skips FA Cup celebrations after wife goes into labour
- Britain's Labour would halt RBS privatisation -shadow minister
- UPDATE 1-Venezuela needs new election, Britain's opposition Labour says