Stolen baby meets family after 2 years; woman held
A 37-year-old woman in West Bengal's Malda district has been arrested for stealing a newborn from a state-run hospital in 2016, police said on Friday. "The family living in Old Malda had filed a complaint in February 2016 after the baby was reported missing from Malda Medical College and Hospital. After a prolonged investigation, the accused Shefali Murmu of Habibpur area has been arrested," an officer of English Bazar police station said.
The child has been recovered, the officer said, adding the family has produced all the information supporting the identification of the child. "We are trying to find out the hospital insiders who were involved. There was some monetary transaction which needs to be ascertained as well," said the officer.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 5th Bengal Global Business Summit to begin from 7th Feb
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan's Baharampur rally cancelled after West Bengal govt denies permission to land chopper: BJP sources claim.
- BJP called off Shivraj's rally as Bengal govt denied chopper landing permission
- Bengal Congress hits out at Mamata over inaction against Ponzi scam offenders
- 55 NCC cadets of West Bengal awarded Governor's medal