Odisha govt to give interest free loan up to Rs 3 lakh to women self-help groups
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday announced interest-free loans of up to Rs 3 lakh for the women self-help groups (WSHGs) in the state. He said this while addressing the "Mission Shakti" convention here, which was attended by about 50,000 women from different parts of the state. There are around six lakh WSHGs in Odisha.
He also distributed financial assistance of Rs 3,000 each to six lakh WSHGs as part of the state government's efforts to digitally empower women. During the "Make in Odisha" conclave in November last year, Patnaik had promised smartphones to six lakh WSHGs.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 'Instant Tethering' extended to Chromebooks, smartphones as smart hotspot option
- Google aims to make low-end smartphones safer with Adiantum
- Vivo hopes to fortify its position with new V series smartphones in India
- Novel imaging algorithm enables smartphones to diagnose diseases
- Russia moves to ban troops from using smartphones