8 Maoists killed in gunfight Chhattisgarh's Sukma dist
Eight Maoists were killed and one was injured on Monday in a gunfight with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
A joint team of the paramilitary forces and the police went inside the core area of the People's Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) -- an armed wing of the banned Communist Party of India-Maoist -- as part of an operation against the Maoists.
It started around 10.30 a.m. in a forested stretch near Sakler village.
All eight bodies were recovered while the injured PLGA member was taken into custody. A large quantity of arms and ammunitions was seized. They were being taken to Kistaram police station.
The CRPF called it a big achievement. A combing operation was still underway.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- "International politics can't base itself on ultimatums": Venezuela's Maduro
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi start cross examination of complainant in National Herald case
- Indian national pleads guilty to role in dangerous human smuggling conspiracy