Corbyn did not call May "stupid woman" instead he used "stupid people"
British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn did not call Prime Minister Theresa May "a stupid woman" under his breath in parliament on Wednesday but rather muttered "stupid people" in response to the pantomime atmosphere in the House of Commons, his spokesman said.
"As I understand it, he said 'stupid people.' It was referring to the remarks about and the exchanges about pantomimes and so on," he said, adding that Corbyn had "not the time for" misogynistic abuse.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 61-year-old man arrested for allegedly molesting, stalking woman in Thane
- UPDATE 3-Fire kills eight in Paris apartment block, woman detained
- Woman arrested over deadly blaze that killed eight people in Paris
- UPDATE 2-Woman held after blaze in chic Paris area kills 8, injures 30
- Case against Kerala Minister for allegedly abusing woman staff in 2016