BJP lawmaker courts controversy by threatening to bomb 'traitors'
Bharatiya Janata Party legislator Vikram Saini created a flutter saying given the charge of the Union home ministry, he would bomb all those who are "traitors" opposing 'Bharat Mata-ki-Jai' slogan and the singing of 'Vande Matram'. Speaking at Chapaar in Muzaffarnagar on Thursday, the ruling party lawmaker said that "he will blow off all traitors if they do not mend their ways".
Saini, who is a BJP legislator from Khatauli, said at a time when Prime Minister Modi's popularity was soaring across the globe, there were some anti-nationals who were trying to pull him down because of their own petty interests. At the function, he also said that India had grown into the sixth largest economy under the Modi government, adding if he was voted for a second term, India would be the number one economy of the world.
Clarifying his statement that he was not targeting any political party or leader, Saini said he wanted a law to be enacted against "traitors" . "There are people who live and earn here but sing paens of other countries," he said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Harman International in talks with large automobile firms in India
- Michelle Catherina takes sole lead in international women GM tourney
- Hockey Punjab beat Chandigarh 3-1 in Hockey Senior Nationals
- Haryana women wrestlers pick 7 gold in Junior Nationals
- Indian National Autocross Championship concludes