MPs, activists pens letter to Modi to strengthen MGNREGA
Several MPs and activists have written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging him to strengthen the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), a statement said Friday. According to the statement, the prime minister has been requested to take all measures to register the demand and provide dated acknowledgement receipts.
"We urge you to make the strengthening of MGNREGA an urgent priority of your government," the letter stated, adding that the act has played an important role in protecting the lives, livelihoods and wages of rural workers.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Saudi authorities face allegations of torture of detained activists
- Activists flag concerns about Papua highway threatening environment, indigenous people
- China's Xinjiang camps in controversy again as activists demands UN probe
- Cong activists protest against right-wing group in Jammu
- Lawyers in Sudan push for release of activists, security forces use tear gas to disperse them