Rahul Gandhi's Amethi visit postponed due to Lok Sabha scuffle
Congress President Rahul Gandhi has postponed his two-day visit to his parliamentary constituency Amethi, he said on social media on Friday. Gandhi was scheduled to visit Amethi on Friday but then changed his plans. "My two-day visit to Amethi that was to begin today has been postponed to January 22-23. I regret the inconvenience caused," Gandhi posted on social media. Earlier in the day, he had announced his plans to visit the Uttar Pradesh town.
"Amethi, I am coming. It is my home. Will stay for two days, several programmes planned. Will take you along through pictures," Gandhi had posted in the morning. However, he was busy for most of the day on the debate in Lok Sabha on Rafale fighter jet deal on which Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave a two-and-a-half hour reply. Also, Union Minister Smriti Irani was visiting Amethi on Friday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Assam to inform, engage citizens on state Budget via social media platforms
- Saints fire back at Rams via social media
- Inappropriate pictures of girls from same village posted online; complaint registered
- Social media to be used in Assam to aid budget presentation by government
- Police culture of deep rooted entitlement under scanner in Pakistan with social media scrutiny