Indian students to participate in PISA 2021
"We are moving from national assessment to international assessment. Under this initiative, students will be tested in reading, maths, and science. I am sure that Indian students will come out with flying colors," HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar told the media. He said that the outcomes of the test will be used to do more teacher training programmes and curricular reforms.
The Minister said that questions in the test will be contextualised according to the Indian setting to help students understand them better. Schools run by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and schools in the UTs of Chandigarh will participate.
"Learnings from participation in PISA will help to introduce competency based examination reforms in the school system and help move away from rote learning. The CBSE and NCERT will be part of the process and activities leading to the actual test," the government said in a statement.
- KVs, Navodaya Vidyalayas role models for govt school system in country: Javadekar
- Jet Airways flight between Mumbai-Dehradun diverted to Chandigarh over technical snag
- Water supply not restored fully even after two days in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh to pay tribute to Pulwama martyrs during 47th Rose Festival
- Over 300 women to compete in New Delhi-Chandigarh TSD event