Modi visits George Fernandes' family
Earlier Modi had tweeted: "When we think of Mr George Fernandes, we remember most notably the fiery trade union leader who fought for justice, the leader who could humble the mightiest of politicians at the hustings, a visionary Railway Minister and a great Defence Minister who made India safe and strong." Fernandes, who was suffering from Alzheimer's, had been out of the public eye and bed-ridden for more than eight years. He was 88.
- Defence Minister visits Aurobindo Ashram in Pondy
- Russian defence minister sees need for new missiles before 2021 to counter US
- Defence Minister visits home of IAF pilot killed in Bengaluru crash
- UK pitches "global Britain" by flexing military muscle - defence minister
- UPDATE 1-Post-Brexit Britain ready to use "hard power" - defence minister