Saraswati idol immersion processions affect Delhi traffic movement
"Since a large number of devotees, who had gathered to immerse idols of goddess Saraswati in Yamuna pusta areas, such as Wazirabad, Geeta Colony, Kalindi Kunj and various other roads close to Yamuna ghats, the traffic was affected and moved slow but was not completely clogged," Joint Commissioner of Police Alok Kumar said. According to sources, due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Greater Noida, too, the traffic congestion prevailed for around 20 minutes at DND and other nearby roads in south Delhi.
"No traffic jam was reported from the city but the movement of vehicles was halted due to the movement of convoy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi for some 15 minutes on the roads connecting Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway," a Noida traffic police officer said.
- Kumbh: Winter chill fails to dampen devotees spirit to take third shahi snaan
- Sunday 'shahi snaan' on Basant Panchami to witness 2 crore devotees at Kumbh
- Over 2 cr devotees to take holy dip on 'Basant Panchami' at Prayagraj Kumbh
- Devotees prefer early-morning dip at Kumbh to avoid rush, reach back home in time
- Thousands of devotees offer prayers to Sun God on Magha Mela in Puri