Centre doesn't give full funds requested irrespective of CM: Palaniswami
Responding to DMK president M.K.Stalin's charge that the Tamil Nadu government has not been able to get enough funds from the central government, Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Wednesday said the Centre does not give the full amount requested by the states. "Whoever may be in power, the central government does not give full funds requested by the state governments," Palaniswami said in the assembly.
According to Palaniswami, even when the DMK was a part of the central government, the Centre did not sanction the full amount asked for by Tamil Nadu's DMK government. The AIADMK government is in power only in the state and is not even a part of the central government, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- CORRECTED-Erik Prince company to build training centre in China's Xinjiang
- Centre manages to appease majority of voters with balanced budget
- NITI Ayog asks states to quickly identify small and marginal farmers for budget benefits
- Manoj Sinha says all Parliamentary constituencies will soon have passport centres
- US likely to supply 73,000 assault rifles to India after Centre's nod