"We have been together for over 25 years because of our shared ideologies and spirit of nationalism. In 2014 elections, owing to certain reasons we had split, but later since the past nearly five years we are in alliance in Maharashtra and at the Centre," Fadnavis said. Now, the partnership will continue for the 2019 Lok Sabha and Assembly and others elections on a wide-ranging basis, he added.
Shiv Sena, BJP confirm alliance for Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
Ending weeks of speculation, the ruling NDA constituents - Shiv Sena and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) - finally sealed an alliance for the Lok Sabha and Maharashtra Assembly elections. BJP President Amit Shah and Sena President Uddhav Thackeray, along with Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi and other senior leaders from both sides made the announcement at a joint media briefing late this evening.
READ MORE ON : partnershipLok SabhaGoogle CalendarMaharashtraJai MaharashtraShiv SenaStar AlliancePrime ministerUddhav ThackerayTriple AllianceAmit ShahPartnership taxationleadersMaharashtra AssemblyWorld LeadersBahujan Samaj PartyAlliance FranÃ§aiseLes LeadersTeam LeaderWest Bengal
- Sharp differences emerge in Meghalaya Democratic Alliance over LS candidates
- BSP not to enter into alliance with Congress anywhere in the country: Mayawati.
- The SP-BSP alliance is perfect for defeating the BJP, especially in Uttar Pradesh: Mayawati.
- It's a complete 'no' from BSP for alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha polls
- 'NDA the only strongest,viable,inclusive alliance for LSpolls'